I had the opportunity to visit the Wayfarer Gin Distillery in Cologne and created a Signature Drink for them.
It is easy to mix and loved by Ladies as well as Gentlemen.
When creating a Cocktail, you have to keep several things in mind:
Firstly it is important to know what a classical cocktail consists of?
Looking at Wayfarer Gin as Base Spirit, it has a lot of interesting Botanicals like Lavender and Lemon Cests but using these Botanicals as Ingredients for the Drink wouldn’t be complex enough.
Something you don’t have to prepare and can be in your household all the time is agave nectar. Lasts forever and can be bought in every better grocery store. For the ones of you that don’t mix drink that often, it is also a good thing to use as you always have consistent sweetness.
In almost every recipe where you find agave nectar, there is lime as well. Why? Because it matches great with it!
Only using the recipes above would leave us with a traditional sour cocktail but I wanted to develop it further so I decided to bring in Rosemary and Ginger to give this cocktail a sharp and spicy note.
The Recipe for the Wayfarer Gin Rosie Ginger
- 3 CL of Wayfarer Gin
- 2 CL of fresh Lime Juice
- 1.5 CL of Agave Nectar
- 3 Rosemary Twigs
- 3 Slices of fresh Ginger
How to do it
- Put the Slices of Ginger into the Shaker and muddle it strongly to extract the juices of the Ginger.
- Give two of the three Rosemary Twigs a good punch in your hand and put it into the shaker.
- Add the Wayfarer Gin, Lime Juice and Agave Nectar
- Fill up with big and clear chunks of ice.
- Give it a good and strong shake until your shaker starts to frost. As a rule of thumb, shake it hard for 30 Seconds.
- Strain it into a Tumbler Glass and garnish it with the last Twig of Rosemary.